Thursday, February 26, 2009

Wheeeee!!!! Again, again!!!!!!

I've been reminding the moms in my Kindermusik Village class that the more movement you incorporate into our activities the more the "smile-o-meter" shows you're doing it right!















And then they groan "Oh, what a WORKOUT! (Hey, getting 2 classes for the price of one!)

But I must remind everyone to BE CAREFULL!!! Do only what you CAN do. If you hurt your back swinging them around then what???? Well, then you're absolutely no fun at all, that's what!

So, as I often do on my ride home, I got to thinking about the "Take care of yourself" concept. It's been a while since I've mentioned it here at Kindermusik at the Asheville Arts Center.

Parent lecture #454889
Take care of yourself first. Here's my analogy: You are on the airplane ready for take off and the flight attendant says "If the oxygen mask drops down in front of you be sure to fasten it securely on yourself before attending to others". Ever wonder why? Ever wonder how many needy people you could supply oxygen to before passing out yourself? That's what many, many mothers are doing everyday.

Please, please take care of yourself first because:

Your baby needs a happy mom. Your baby needs a happy dad.
I, _______________________promise to take care of myself everyday.

now go do it.........


No comments: