Monday, November 10, 2008

Looking for my voice

Like clockwork, every early November for a number of years I would catch a cold and by Veterans Day I'd be in such a state that I'd be calling my health care provider whispering into the phone because of laryngitis!!

This year I feel as if I'd lost my voice in a different way. While there's no cold and I'm fully able to sing all day in my Kindermusik classes I can't seem to find my blogging voice! I've not blogged for months...so long that with the change of my email address, etc. I can't even log on to my old blogs!!

Having moved from Holland MI to Asheville NC and changing from owning my own Kindermusik studio to teaching for another I am wondering where my perspective is: WHO AM I???!

I've been feeling a little like the very quiet person in the class who just sits there watching...not confident yet to express myself. I can identify with the children who sit on mom's lap with big eyes for weeks and weeks.

So, be patient. It's not forever. Before long we will jump in and sing and twirl like never before.

No comments: