Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Dear Kindermusik Families,
I am so grateful to have the priviledge of working with you and your children. Thank you for sharing your lives with me.
I truly love my time in the Kindermusik classroom.

I've left so many Kindermusik friends back in Michigan...I hold them in my heart...I miss them so much. But how much fun
I have had making new Kindermusik friends!!!

At the Kindermusik Convention in Raleigh I heard about wonderful research being done on the links between music and
literacy and music and math. They've posted it online for EVERYONE!!!
If you are interested follow this link: http://kindermusik.com/benefits to read even about some studies that were done
with actual Kindermusik classes.

I've been thinking about how the investments we've made in the market with our 401K plans etc. have dwindled. I've thought
about putting cash under the mattress! Then I wonder about the actual value of the dollar...I keep coming back to the
idea of investing in our children. That simply won't devalue. Their gains in academic, social, emotional and physical
intelligence just won't go away! The payback may be realized when our children are eligible for college scholarships...
when they score well on ACT and SAT tests, when they grow up to be happy well adjusted adults....

These are hard economic times for families with young children...and their are lots of activities to choose from when you
consider your child's education and extra curricular activities. Choose wisely!

Many families in my Michigan studio chose Kindermusik Imagine That! as their "pre-school"! This curriculum really does
address preschool academics as well as the creative, social, physical, and FUN elements! Adult visitors to my Kindermusik Imagine
That! class at the south location off Hendersonville Rd. have commented on all the school readiness skills we've covered
in our class! Let me know if you'd like to visit one of these classes with your child.

Is your child ready for a move up to Imagine That!? My curriculum guide suggests that at age 3 Imagine That! would be appropriate.
I wonder though. Consider the decision carefully in this world where we are in a hurry...trying to get an edge in the academic world.

Our Time classes even for the 3 year old child can be very appropriate. It's your last chance to have a mommy and me class together.
If your child is willing, allowing him or her another semester with their best teacher (YOU!!) will increase the dividends in your
relationship investment! It is by no means an action of "holding them back". In my own experience as a mother with a 12, 18 and 20
year old children I'd highly recommend taking advantage of the "together" class of Kindermusik Our Time.

Next time you are at the Asheville Arts Center please grab one of the priority registration slips. Oh, and by the way, keep
talking to your friends because I've heard a rumor that the Arts Center is preparing to offer you a cash deal on referrals!!!
This investment keeps getting better and better!

One more thing...Thanksgiving is this week! Only Monday's and Tuesday's classes will be held this week.

I try to share what I'm grateful for in the season of Thanksgiving. Holding the hand of your child while I stamp them goodbye
is one of the most precious moments for me. Thank you for that opportunity.

Peace and Love,
Yvette Odell
Kindermusik educator
Asheville Arts Center
www.ashevilleartscenter.com
www.yskindermusik.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yvette,
You are truly passonionate about Kindermusik. Thank you for sharing it with our families! We are glad you are here!
Merry Christams
Patty Lee Book
Asheville Arts Center