Tuesday, May 26, 2009

We'll sweep this clear in half a year if you don't mind the work!

My daughter, Anne and I made a little trip during spring vacation. We went to the ocean. I believe it's been over 15 years since I've seen the ocean and this was Anne's first time!


Anne's reaction was one of quiet determination. She didn't say much. She just bent down and started to "clean up"! I was reminded of the quote above from Alice in Wonderland.

And I just got to work with her so now we have lots of fun shells for our Creatures at the Ocean class this summer (starting all this week!).


Five little seashells lying on the shore.
Swish went the waves and then there were four!
Four little seashells cozy as can be.
Swish went the waves and then there were three.
Three little seashells all pearly new.
Swish went the waves and then there were two.
Two little seashells sleeping in the sun.
Swish went the waves and then there was one.

One little seashell left all alone whispered shhhhhhhhhhh as I took it home.


We had for so many years lived so close to Lake Michigan (very much a jewel!) but I have missed the waves and the tides.

No comments: